Pine Cove is seeking a ministry minded individuals to be one of our Retreat Specialists. The RETREAT SPECIALIST (RS) positions are part of a team that hosts each Pine Cove retreat group with outstanding hospitality and excellence, and maintains relationships and partnerships with retreat groups. RSs partner with groups to assess group needs and collect details about each group’s customized stay. They will host the group while on property and attend to their needs as well as develop relationships with each group and contact. The RS also performs post-visit follow ups and connects with each group they host. Each RS will be excited about selflessly serving each group that comes on property by helping them fulfill the purpose of their retreat and reflecting the love of Jesus in all they do. Other important responsibilities include playing an active role in filling open weekends and marketing retreats to prospective churches and organizations. Marketing will take various forms: some over the phone, some face-to-face visits focusing on the Austin, College Station, San Antonio, and Houston Metro area.
As a team, we support each other in accomplishing tasks, communicate clearly and respectfully with each other, hold each other accountable to our job standards and commitments, trust one another, honor and serve Pine Cove’s other departments, and have fun together. In order to be excellent with the demands of the job, there are responsibilities that fall solely on the shoulders of the RS staff. Though the primary person responsible may vary from group to group, all job responsibilities are covered by the person most available to cover them.
As ministers of the gospel, there will be many opportunities to minister in all parts of your job. We desire for you to grow in your personal walk and to have a ministry mindset with both co-workers and guests. It is a privilege to get to serve each group that comes on our property and our attitude should reflect that and be a model of selfless service.
Our four pillars of excellence – relationship, stewardship, service, and vision – are the standard to which Pine Cove employees are held. They will be used to measure your performance in meeting and exceeding the job requirements below.
The RS position maintains excellent relationships with all employees, vendors and other contacts by providing unmatched customer service and demonstrating Speed of Trust behaviors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Agree with and exhibit behaviors in accordance with the Pine Cove Statement of Belief.
· Maintain compliance with all policies and procedures during employment, including the Pine Cove Handbook.
· Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws.
· Hold an undergraduate degree
· Proven ability to relate and minister to people of all ages
· Proven ability to supervise staff or other volunteer groups
· Adjusts to changes in environment or schedule while maintaining a joyful attitude
· Has a God given gift of hosting and providing hospitality to others and is filled up by exercising that gift
· Must establish and maintain professional working relationships with employees, managers and external constituents, including demonstrating consistent Speed of Trust behaviors
· Possess current driver’s license and able to drive company vehicles as needed.
Pine Cove exists to be used by God to transform the lives of people for His purposes and His glory! We are not only a high-energy and creative environment, but also a life-transforming and rewarding workplace. Apply to be a part of this “Christ-centered, others-focused, seriously fun” ministry today!
Former staff: please register below, upload your resume, and contact email@example.com for alternate application materials.